Sunday, February 13, 2011

Found Audio

click here for .wav (Windows)
click here for .aiff (Mac)

total running time: 01:31

When I sat down to create this piece, I had trouble imagining what I wanted to do with it. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to set out to tell a story, paint a picture, or just try to evoke an emotion. When I started to play around with the sounds in Audacity, I began to picture in my mind a story much like Rush's 2112. In my piece, it slowly begins to build, and climaxes in a sudden sharp rise, then all is calm again. That climax, to me, is the main part of the piece, and to me, it represents most troubles in life. When you have a problem, everything starts out fine, then you start to get the hint that something's coming, then suddenly it appears, but before you know it, it's gone and all is as it once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment